After 10 months of Covid, we’ve learned/observed a few things.
- As a virus, it is invisible to the naked eye.
- Its symptoms alert you to its presence.
- It has had a worldwide impact.
- It has changed our lifestyles.
- It spreads easily.
- One person who tests positive for Covid impacts everyone with whom he/she has been in close contact.
- Covid causes fear and worry.
- Covid is harmful and deadly.
- There is a sense of urgency about it.
- It can be stopped through vaccination.
While it has grabbed our attention and become our focus, it is NOT our greatest problem and vaccination is NOT our most urgent need. Sin remains our greatest problem, and the Savior remains our most urgent need! Covid has unintentionally reminded us of this truth.
Sin also is invisible, detected by its symptoms, has a global impact, changes lifestyles, spreads easily, one person’s sin effects everyone around him/her, causes fear and worry, is more harmful and leads to eternal death, there should be an urgency about it that often is not present, and praise be to God – THERE IS A CURE!
Matthew 1:21 – She will bear a son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.